Best business ideas for teenagers are into so many categories and their startup costs required a little skill level and earning potential, This is because having an entrepreneurial spirit does not discriminate by age and neither does success. Anyone can start a business no matter how young or old! So have you been having a second thoughts about owning a business? This article on the 11 best business ideas for teenagers will help. Let’s take a look at why you should become a teen entrepreneur, how to start a business as a teenager…
Best Business Ideas For Teenagers And Why You Should Start
One of the best business ideas for teenagers can be an example found in the life of Fred DeLuca who founded the Subway sandwich store with his family friend Dr Peter Buck when he was just 17 years old. Fred DeLuca, a college freshman, opened the company to pay for his tuition. However, Subway is now the largest submarine sandwich chain in the world today. It is no secret that the best business ideas for teenagers in the area of entrepreneurship are the main future of small businesses, but as young people, it can be difficult to know where to turn for help.
You are never too young to start working toward creating the business of your dreams, whether you have a million-dollar concept or simply the desire to be your own boss.
Starting your own business while still in school allows you to bridge the gap between theory and practice. It may also guide your post-graduation decision; whether your small business is worthwhile to pursue full-time, or perhaps you learn that entrepreneurship isn’t for you after all.
Finally, launching a business can assist in the development of your professional network. Even if you decide not to pursue entrepreneurship after graduation, the contacts you build may be important sources of professional recommendations or job offers in the future, hence why being acquainted with the best business idea for teenagers is very important.
Best Business Ideas For Teenagers And How To Start
- Selling Handmade Crafts And Art lessons: Teenagers who are artistic and skilled at crafts can refine their skills while also earning money by selling their creations. This might be a local business area, or they can build their business website to sell their crafts to a wider audience and promote craft fair vendors. Get started and promote your crafts through online marketplaces if you are creative and good at crafting very good handmade things such as clothes, shoes, jewellery, invitations, decorations, stickers, or other accessories.
That is to say, if you love art and enjoy meeting and working with people, an art lessons business can be a fun and rewarding pursuit. You will need to create structured lessons so your students have a path to follow as they learn an artistic skill. You do not need much to start an art lessons business.
You can provide your own tools (brushes, pencils, paper) or you can require your students to supply their own. This is a great business for young people because it can be started for free right out of your home. You may even be able to reserve space at your school or library at no cost. Your hourly rates will vary based on your skill level and the nature of your lessons, but most can charge at least $50 per hour, making this a great way to start earning and saving money
Read Also: How To Choose A Career Path: 7 Steps To Take Before Choosing A Career
- Soap or Candle Making Business: Making high-quality soap is a skill that anyone can learn, but it does require practice. Buying raw materials, mixing and producing fragrances, making soap, and selling soap are all part of running a soap-making business. The earning potential for this business will vary depending on the type of soap you sell and how far you can expand your business, but the growth potential is tremendous.
A soap-making business is a good opportunity for those who enjoy working with their hands. Making quality soap is a skill that anyone can obtain, but it does take practice. Running a soap-making business includes purchasing raw materials, combining and creating fragrances, making the soap, and selling the soap. The materials to make soap are fairly cheap, so the profit margin in a soap-making business is good. To get started expect to spend around $800 on soap materials and equipment. You will also need to spend some money on marketing and setting up a website if you choose to sell online.
Earning potential for this business will vary based on the type of soap you are selling and how far you are able to expand your business, but the growth potential is great. What starts as a small side business has the potential to turn into a national brand, Candles are a simple craft that is always in demand. If you are looking for a great business idea for small business owners, this is a sellable craft that’s simple to learn and does not require a large upfront cost. Any creative and crafty person may enjoy starting a candle-making business. It is a great way to get into business right from your home.
You can sell your candles to friends and family, at craft fairs or weekend markets, or online through your own website. Startup expenses are only a few hundred dollars for materials. Your growth and profits will depend largely on how many candles you are able to make and how much time you devote to selling them, but a diligent candle maker can develop a fairly large and lucrative business.
- Music Lessons: Teenagers who are musically talented but do not wish to form a band may be interested in music lessons. There is bound to be a market for this skill, whether they excel at the piano, guitar, violin, or another instrument. In fact, it is on-demand talents that will use their gifts to change the world. Giving music lessons can be a great way for a teenage entrepreneur to earn money. If you have a good deal of experience playing your instrument you can easily find students in need of lessons or extra help.
Startup costs for a music lessons business can be small, especially if you require your students to bring their own instruments. You will need to buy some sheet music, but you can easily conduct lessons at your own home, your student’s home, or even at school if possible. As you build your reputation, you will be able to increase your rates. Music teachers usually charge some dullers for an hour, so over time, this business can be very profitable.
- Social Media Marketing Business: A social media marketing business is the next small business idea for teens on our list. Young people have grown up with social media, which has given them a distinct advantage in understanding how to use and navigate every social media channel. Next on our list of small business ideas for teens is a social media marketing business. Young people have grown up on social media, making them uniquely skilled at understanding how to use and navigate every major platform. If you are passionate about how social media platforms function and love using them to communicate with large groups of people, social media marketing can be a great business for you.
Starting a social media marketing business doesn’t need to cost a penny. If you have access to a computer or a smartphone, you have the ability to start a social media marketing business. Potential clients can range from individuals to large corporations. High earners in this business make over $100,000 a year.
- Photographer or Photo Editing: Teenagers can start a business as a photographer or filmmaker with a minimal investment in equipment or some skills with a smartphone. Teens can specialize in pet photography, events, family pictures, or providing social media content for local businesses, as there are many niches within this type of business. If you have photography and photo editing experience, starting an online photo editing business can be a great and lucrative pursuit. While many photo editors also work as photographers, this is not a requirement. People with social media savvy can do particularly well by finding a wide variety of clients online.
Startup costs are low and include a computer and photo-editing software. If you include a good website and some advertising, you can still easily start the business for under $5,000. Starting out, you may offer to edit photos for school or local publications to build your portfolio. Over time, if you continue to grow your business, it’s reasonable to make a 5-figure annual salary that has the potential to close in on $100,000 per year.
- Makeup Artist Business: Anyone who enjoys working with people and has especially good makeup application skills may enjoy running a makeup artist business. Making a name for yourself on social media can be extremely helpful.
Starting out, you can build up your portfolio by doing friends’ makeup for events like prom. This is an excellent business to start as a teenager. If you establish a reputation among your peers early on, your clients will come back for special events throughout their lives. Startup costs are fairly low since most makeup artists work out of their homes or travel to their clients. As your business grows, you can make a sizeable profit, with the most successful makeup artists even achieving six-figure incomes.
- Cleaning Business: This is another good business for a teenager on our list of business ideas for teenagers, cleaning business is what anyone with an eye for detail and a strong work ethic can excel with notwithstanding the location. You should also ideally be physically fit and comfortable with a good deal of manual labour each day. You will be doing hard work and interacting with a variety of people, so energy and good customer service skill will be quite useful.
The smallest cleaning businesses are run as one-person shops. You can easily start small, working on weekends or after school, and build a solid reputation. Over time, this part-time pursuit has the potential to grow into a full-time career. Larger operations employ staff or hire subcontractors. Some businesses franchise their model and collect franchise fees. As such, earning potential income.
If this information was helpful kindly drop a comment in the comment box below and also share it with your friends and loved ones on your social media platform.